Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Vignette

Well, I haven't been able to get my faux mantel completed yet.  I was trying to have finished so I could link up to Layla's Christmas Mantel linky party, but it just hasn't happened.  I WILL be decorating it and will post soon after, so check back.

Okay, now for my Christmas vignette.

This is the hutch that is in our living room.  I bought the hutch several years ago for a steal.  My uncle works for a furniture manufacturer in my hometown and they had a friends and family sale where they had TONS of furniture available because of minor scratches, dings or in the case of this hutch- a damaged box.  Crazy!  There was nothing wrong with this gorgeous piece of furniture.


Anyway, I always enjoy decorating it for the seasons. Here's a closer look:
This Santa picture was made by my grandfather several years ago.  I absolutely love it.  He passed away last year so it was a little bittersweet when I pulled it out of the Christmas box this year.  I still miss him terribly.  Okay, happy thoughts! :)

The glass bowl is my husband's grandmother's and I filled it with ornaments.  All of the ornaments were bought after Christmas in years past.  I use them EVERYWHERE!  The shot glass is from college and went with my red, white and silver theme and on top sits a baseball from my little brother's first home run.  Yeah, he gave ME the ball.  We are tight like that! :)

The rusty star candle holder was a gift I got in high school from a friend.  The Santa was from my sister-in-law.  The plate is from a local shop, I just love it.  The dolphins were a gift from my husband that he gave me back in high school.  It has nothing to do with Christmas, but I love dolphins and I liked how it tied in with the rustic-ness of this vignette.  And lastly, we have my IU snowman.  Again, another gift.

Everything from here was free also, all gifts.  The snowflake in the back came from Wal-Mart during an after Christmas sale.

Another Wal-Mart snowflake.  The beer stein is my husband's that he got in Germany.  I filled it with some icicle garland.  They stay in the hutch year round, I just fill with seasonal items.  The Santa snow globe was a gift too.


This is the top of the hutch.  The garland with the deer was made by my mother-in-law.  We always have deer in our back yard and my husband is an avid hunter, so it fits perfectly in our house!  The pottery is from Pottery Barn, but I bought it on clearance several months ago.  It was like $25 and it's huge.

Well, that's a little peek at my Christmas-fied hutch.  I'm linking up to Rhoda's Christmas Vignette party over at Southern Hospitality.  Such great ideas, be sure to check them out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment