Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Faux Mantel- Sneak Peek

Yes, I know it's not even Thanksgiving and I'm already talking Christmas.  Well, I already have my Christmas decorations up outside.  I took advantage of the beautiful weather a couple weekends ago and put some of the garland up outside (I'll post pics later).

Anyway, I wanted to give you a little peek at my faux mantel.  We don't have a fireplace, but we do have this ledge as you walk downstairs to our basement.  It will be perfect to treat as a mantel. My wonderful hubby finished planing a piece of barn wood and staining it this weekend.  The wood isn't secured yet, but once he does, I'm all over decorating it! 

Isn't this barn wood gorgeous?  This was FREE!  It came from my great grandmother's farm.  And the picture, well there is a very special story behind it that I'll share later.

All for now!

PS- I'm entering the Silhouette giveaway at Tatertots and Jello.  Wish me luck! There are so many projects I have planned that could definitely utilize this little guy. You can find out all about it here: http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2010/11/just-in-time-for-christmas-silhouette.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment