Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kitchen Pendant Makeover

Changing gears a bit today to show you a really simple and quick update to the new kitchen pendant over the sink.  I didn't specifically state it was new in my Kitchen Update post, but it was a clearance find from Target a couple weeks ago.

When I bought it, I didn't notice the type of cord that came with it.  So needless to say, I was highly disappointed with the basic white cord.  I contemplated ripping the cord off, but it wasn't going to work because of they way the wires were underneath.

So I pondered what to do, what to do.  I loved the new pendant over the previous cheap fixture.  Enter the re-organization of my craft cabinet.  A chore in and of itself, but this lead to the wonderful discovery of some jute strings that were wrapped around our new basement rug (will have to do a future post of this).

All it took was one string of the jute and a hot glue gun.

I put a dab of hot glue at the beginning of the string, wrapped, then a dab to hold it in place at the end.  So simple and quick.

Here is the before and after:


Post a Comment