Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quick Kitchen Update





Hello, back today with a quick kitchen update for you.  A few years ago, my style was more rustic and fit in with our country surroundings.  However, over the past 2 years I've gotten a little more daring and started to blend in more of the beach cottage vibe I am drawn to.  As part of this change in decorating taste, I've painted my living room and entry blue.  The half bath in the kitchen went gray along with the boy's toy room and interior of the front door.  With that, my burnt orange kitchen wasn't working anymore.



A couple weeks ago, I started researching the best colors for honey oak cabinets.  New cabinets aren't in the budget right now, but possibly refinishing them is.  With that in mind, I chose Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams around the cabinets.  And since the dining room area receives a ton of natural light, I went one shade darker with Comfort Gray.SW6205 Comfort Gray

This is what it looks like all painted!  Ignore the "stuff" on top of the cabinets, it will be decluttered and restyled soon enough.







 It actually looks more blue in some of the pictures than it really is. Why don't wall colors ever photograph reality? Perhaps it's my mad photography skills....

There are few other updates we're looking to make in this space including new hardware, a new countertop, refinishing the cabinets and new flooring.  This area and our laundry room are the hot spots for renovation this year and I will share the (slow) progress.

I'm totally loving the open airy feeling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment