Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day #16 - The Fridge

As you may have noticed, I skipped yesterday's challenge.  It was organizing your meds and I completed that with the Medicine Cabinet overhaul, so instead I cleaned and organized our DVD's.  I didn't take any pictures because I did it on a whim, but I promise I didn't slack off yesterday!

So on with today's challenge.  I actually cleaned my fridge a few months ago, but it was good to clean it out again.  The fridge, freezer, stove and laundry area are places that I feel get neglected (at least around here they do) and generally I only remember to do a deep clean once in a great while.


I tried to maintain some order with baskets and a stacking shelf.

Ewww.....

How many cartons of sour cream does one family need?  And how many do you think are expired....um...at least one.

After a little purging and cleaning, my fridge now looks like this:

I realized moments after I took this picture that the milk on the second shelf had expired!  Oops.  Good thing we had a back up.

We sure do have the condiments.

Basket for our biscuits and sweet rolls.  On the weekends we usually fix a bigger breakfast around brunch.  I know it's not the healthiest, but it sure is tasty. 

Veggies like tomatoes and peppers are held in a basket within the veggie bin.

Other condiments are in a small basket to keep them contained.  I told you we have a lot of condiments.


It's actually a little humorous at how much I really do use baskets around this house. I can hear my Sister-in-law snickering.  If only she lived closer, I would basket-ize her house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment