Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day #9 - Toy Organization

Today's challenge is all about toy organization.  I actually tackled this one over the weekend, but neglected to get any "before" pictures.  My Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law decided it would be fun to bring BIG toys for the boys.  Oh, how I love thee!
See the nice big play house...yeah, I love my in-laws!
I have plans to put some type of storage on either side of the window to help get some of the toys up off the floor. But for now, the table sits in one corner and D's tool bench sits in the other.


In order to make room for the new, it was out with {some} of the old.  My kids are 3 and 4 months, so some of the toys D has outgrown are being held back for T.

We are having a family yard sale this summer, so it's given a bigger push to get rid of stuff and get it done now!

I went through all of D's toys and organized his most favorite toys in the toy bin.  I created labels with my Silhouette (have I told you enough just how much I love this thing).  Since he's 3 and can't read yet, I used pictures and words for the items that belong in each bin.  I still have a few more labels to make, but most of them are taken care of.  (Sorry for the crappy picture, my camera was taking blurry photos.)

This room is really a formal dining room, but we ain't formal folks (hehe).  It functions as a toy room for now and I have plans (imagine that) to convert into a den once the boys get older.  My plan is to add some french doors once they get bigger - glass and young-ins don't mix well- so for now it's all open.  Plus, this helps me keep an eye on them.

This room is very much a work in progress, but for now, it has a little more order.

1 comments:

OrganizingMadeFun said...

I think you did a great job! I did the same thing with labels (well, not the fancy silhouette) by having pictures and words, too for my kids when they were little. They are now pretty much able to read, so I don't have to do that so much! You did a great job...I love organizing too!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

Post a Comment