Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rub a Dub Dub

Taking a small break from the organizing posts to share a bit of a "duh" moment with you.  Those of you that have little ones at home may find this useful or interesting enough to give it the 'ole college try.

As you probably know, I have two boys, one is 3 the other is 5 months.  With both of my boys I never use or have used a baby bath to bathe the little ones.  When my boys were very little (i.e not squirmy) I always used a plastic bowl filled with water to give them baths.  As they became more mobile I've found this doesn't work so well.  I have used those baby bath's before when my siblings were little (they are 10 and 19 years my junior so I've got experience!) but never really liked them.  I can't really pinpoint why, they just never were very helpful for me.  Plus it's extra junk lying around after they've outgrown them (and until you decide to take action and finally get rid of them).  I've also tried just putting them in the kitchen sink, but both of my boys have super-baby strength and it's just hard for me to hang on to them and try to wash them.

So, finally the light bulb went off. I decided to give my 5 month old a bath in the bathtub. However, I didn't just plop him down in there because I couldn't imagine that being very comfortable for him.  So this is where the genius came in, I folded up a big fluffy towel and put it down first in the tub, then laid him on top of it.  I don't fill the tub up to wash him, I turn on the shower and use our handheld shower head to rinse him off.  Works like a charm and he has a blast kicking and wiggling around while I wash him.  If you don't have a hand held shower head, you can use a cup to rinse them off, works about the same.

Now, be warned, the number of loads of towels to wash does increase a bit, but for me, it's worth it!  You could hang it up to dry, but I'm a little bit of a germ-a-phobe so I use a new one each time...silly, I know!

You all have probably tried this or thought of this before, but it was new to me and it works great so I wanted to pass this along.

It's the simple things in life that get me excited!

Let me know if you try it and if it works out for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment