Monday, January 3, 2011

Day #2 - Kitchen Desk

Hello!  Well the second round of house guests left and now we will be entertaining our third and final round (for awhile anyway) this coming weekend.  Sure does motivate me more than I already was to organize and clean my house!

Today's challenge was the Computer Desk, but I did mine a few months ago (see here), so I decided to do our kitchen "desk".  It's just a space in the kitchen we use for mail since our main filing and computer are in the basement.

Here is the lovely before:




I first put on my most favorite cleaning jams- none other than Kenny Chesney!  No one else was home so I could blast it as loud as I wanted too!  Then, I cleared everything off and cleaned it with Basic H. (okay, everything except the phone)

That's when I noticed these spots on the bottom of the upper cabinet.  I have no idea how they got there, but it was nothing a little Basic H couldn't take care of!

Before

After
Next I moved back the cleared off memo board, Incoming Mail, and file box.  The Incoming Mail has a couple of folders, one for Bills to Pay and the other is Sign and Return. 


Before

After













The file box was a mess too, so I cleared it out. I use this for bills or documents that need filed, but I don't have time to file away in the basement.  I typically go through this once a month and have a 'Filing Day', but with the holidays, it hasn't happened for awhile.  I must admit, I did just throw all of the files in a pile in the basement.  Hopefully it will be something I can tackle with the 21 Day Challenge.  If not, I will do on the challenge rest day (Sunday).

Before

After

The last thing I did was make a recycle container for batteries.  Our old one was a small glass jar that was overflowing.  We go through so many batteries with D's toys that I wanted to have something stylish to put them in until I can take them somewhere for recycling.  Since we go through the baby formula, it made the perfect size.  I simply covered it with some scrapbook paper.


Here is the before again (cringe):


And the after (giddy):


Much better!


3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks great!

Diane said...

wow that looks awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty little kitchen office!

Post a Comment